Today’s gadgets are getting more complicated than ever. From touchpads, to smartphones and even to kids’ toys. However, these complicated toys can make way for the kids to use their imagination rather than just open-the-box type of playability. One such toy is LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0. LEGO upped the game of building blocks by a number of notches by introducing this robotic type of toy. Construct, program and play is what LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 is all about.
Introducing your kids to a whole lot of toys in terms of robotics and basic engineering can be fun. You don’t really need to become an engineer to assemble one, but the fun of learning with your kid is always top priority.
Here are the qualities of Mindstorms:
• The instructions does not contain jargons that can make things complicated during the assemble. They are pretty much easy to follow but if you need more information, you can always search the internet for construction tutorials. There is always a chance you may spend more than an hour creating one, but building it is half the fun.
• The inventive fun can be translated into different robot designs. You can always make another design yourself once you get familiar with everything. You can rearrange the parts, components and sensors if you want.
• The robotic parts are very durable. They will last a long time, and can be replaced if it does break or gets lost.
• The Mindstorms programming interface is easy to navigate. For a tech-savvy kid, he can always figure it out on his own, even without your help. Moreover, this is ideal for kids 10 and up but 8-9 year olds can also figure it out.
• Mindstorms has 619 components, and 16 constructing and programming challenges you and your kid can sort out. For this, you can create four different robotic models you want to play with
• More sensors to construct with as well as inputs/outputs would have made everything much interesting. However, before you take over Mindstorms for yourself, keep in mind you are buying this for your kid and you are there to help him keep things simple.
• LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 is battery operated, so you don’t have to worry about it dying out. Batteries are replaceable.
• Constructing and sharing ideas with your kid is always the fun part. This is what Mindstorms is all about. You may contruct Alpha Rex, a humanoid robot that can talk, walk, see, avoid obstacles and can tell different colored object on sight. Or you may opt to build Shooterbot who can shoot balls for more fun.
Bottomline, the LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 is one LEGO toy packed with new levels of playability. This introduces programming, robotics, instructions-reading, circuit reading and engineering to your kids.