Have you ever heard of kids perfume sets? These days cosmetics aren’t just for adults anymore. You can also buy your kid a great perfume set as a present for any special occasion. If the idea is new to you, then there are a couple of things you need to know about these trendy gift items before you buy one for your kid.
Why Perfume Sets are a Hit
There are times when we need no particular reason why we buy certain items for our kids. As long as your kid seems to like it or the item looks cute to you, then it seems like a good choice. There are however a couple of good benefits that make perfume sets for kids better gift options:
- Perfume sets are sure to be appreciated by kids who like feeling like grown ups. Perfume sets can help them relate more to the adult world and make them feel more mature. Even if playing adult is not something your kid gets into, she would still love to have your gift if it is a brand associated with a cartoon character or teen actress she likes.
- Perfume sets aren’t just for girls. If you want a unique gift for a boy then you can get him his own perfume set too. Those sold for boys typically have cartoon or character themes that fit the common interests of boys. Perfume scents too aren’t too fruity but are instead lighter versions of scents for grown up men.
- Giving a kid her own perfume set is a good way to teach basic hygiene. This is one of the tools that can drive home the message to your kid that smelling bad and looking shabby is not a polite way of appearing in public.
What to Look for in a Perfume Set
There are many kinds of kids perfume sets. You would want to be sure that you have one that your recipient will love. How do you find out which is the best choice?
- First you have to determine your recipient’s particular likes and preferences. She may love a specific cartoon character or real life kid perfume endorser in which case your choice will be a no-brainer.
- Be careful if your recipient is not your own kid. Some kids have sensitive skins or may have allergic reactions to certain substances. To be on the safe side, always ask a kid’s parent if she has any known allergies. Carefully read product ingredients and warnings to find out if it contains anything the child could be allergic to. If a child is particularly sensitive, then you might have to avoid giving a perfume pack altogether.
- It is always a good idea to opt for non-irritating products or hypo allergenic products. There is no guarantee though that these items are always safe for sensitive kids so be careful.
- Kids’ perfumes should carry a non-toxic label. This will protect kids in case they accidentally take in some of the perfume.
You are almost always assured of a good product if you buy a trusted brand. Some options to consider would be brands associated with major kid entertainment companies, kid toy or apparel companies and popular teen or kid idols. Since these entities have a lot to lose from selling bad products, they are likely to insure the quality of the perfume sets under their names.
If you are too old to know what current kid trends are, then you could use some help. You don’t need to perform extensive research. All you need to do would be to read product review sites that can give you an idea on which kids perfume sets are top rated.