A stethoscope is an important instrument for any healthcare worker. They are relied on by these types of workers to perform various duties. If you are in the market to purchase one of these, this article is here to help you.
While there are many different types to choose from, they are available to those who need them for work. Here are some of the types:
• Single – The single version has only one head. This means that its use is limited to just taking a heart rate. They are very affordable to those who are just starting out in the field. Nurses make this type their first choice.
• Double – As in the name, this type has two head units to it. You will be able to get high and low frequencies from it. Doctors make this their first choice because of its capacity. They are a little bit more than the single versions, but worth the money due to their uses. Its tubing is elongated so that it will not get tangled up when utilizing it.
• Triple – This type is the king of all basic scopes. It has three heads to it. It is really good for listening to murmurs. This device cost much more than the others because it has such a large outreach. It has longer tubing than others and has a place fit for a name tag.
• Acrylic – This stethoscope comes in a wide variety of different prints such as the American flag and paw prints. Different tubing colors are available for you as well. The tubing is free of latex and weighs only five ounces. They are the first choice for health care professionals for their wide selection and variety.
• Pediatric – These scopes are great for pediatricians and any workers who are involved with children. What makes them so different are the heads. Each head is individualized in the shape of an animal. This is so a child will not be scared off by a doctor when visiting. Each head is individually hand painted and weighs only five ounces. It is designed for children who are under 35 pounds in weight.
• Veterinary – This is a great device for any veterinarian. They are specifically designed for the use on animals. They will detect both high and low frequencies in large and small animals. The chest piece is made out of a metal that will not get cold. This is so the animal will not go out of control when the vet is taking their heart rate.
• Rappaport – This type of scope is the most widely used one in the market today. They come in a range of different colors and have double tubing to them. They are strong and durable enough to last a lifetime.
The stethoscope is a tool that many health workers don’t leave home without. If you are in this field, check them out today and see why so many people are using them.